This article gives you all the keys to restart Winky after an update that has been interrupted!
In this article, we cover the following topics:
- Why has the update stopped?
- How can I know if my Winky is frozen because of an update?
- Steps to revive Winky
Why has the update stopped?
Several reasons may interrupt the update of Winky:
- Winky enteredSleep Mode
- Winky ran out ofBattery
- Winky lost itsInternet connexion
- Winky lost itsBluetooth connexion
- Your device received aPhone Call during the update
- The application on your device wasMinimized for too long
- Youleft the application on your device
How can I know if the update was interrupted?
If Winky stopped during an update, 2 symptoms are usually observed:
- Winky remains shutdownwhatever the position of the ON/OFF switch under its head, or does not react to anything.
- Winkydoes not reactonce placed on its charging station (if any) or plugged to the charging cable
Steps to revive Winky
Make sure to strictly follow the instructions in the right order to revive your Winky:
Step 1: Turn Winky on
Turn on your Winkywith the switch button located under its head (the button must be positioned towards the nearest screw). Your Winky will not react, even when turned on,it is a normal expected behavior: Wionky wait for its update.
Step 2: Charge Winky battery
- Plug Winky to the charging cable or charging station andcharge Winky for at least 2 hours, to ensure that Winky will have enough battery during the rest of this process.
- Once charged,unplug Winky.
If needed, all the charging instructions are available in our article "Charging Winky".
Step 3: Disconnect Winky from your device
In the settings of your device (mobile phone or tablet), in the Bluetooth settings, check that your device isnot connected to Winky: either to "Winky", or "WIN OTA" or other Winky name in the bluetooth list. If your device is connect,disconnect it.
Note: Winky supports only1 Bluetooth connexion at a time.
Step 4: Connect Winky to the app on your mobile device (phone/tablet)
- Launch Winky Code application.
- In the menu screen on the top right corner,click on the bluetooth connexion icon.
Step 5: Revive Winky
The application will display that a Winky needs help.Click on "Repair Winky"to resume a previously interrupted update.
Finish the update by following theinstructions provided by the application.