The battery of Winky is partially charged for you to play with Winky out of the box. We advise charging Winky after 1 hour of use maximum.
1) Check that your Winky is ON (with the ON/OFF switch under Winky's head)
2) Plug the micr-USB or USB-C charging cable under Winky's body
3) Connect your charger to the mains wall socket
4) Winky's eyes display a charging symbol for 3 seconds
5) While Winky is charging, a flashing blue dot appears at the bottom of his right eye.
When 3 blue dots flash at the same time, it means Winky is fully charged.
6) If Winky does not react normally after being charged (or in general), restart it with the ON/OFF button placed under his head.
If Winky does not display the charging symbol when you plug it in:
1) Make sure it is turned on before charging.
2) Make sure the charger is plugged in by unplugging it and plugging it back in firmly.
3) If you plug Winky in when it is not on, it will display two crosses in its eyes to indicate that it must be switched on with the ON/OFF button.
- Do not put it insleep modeto charge it.
- Do not use Winky when it is on its base (for the first versions supplied with a charging base) or if it is plugged in
- Winky must beturned on to charge
- Never open the productto change the battery
- When you receive Winky, the robot's battery is alreadypartially chargedto allow you to play with it immediately. We advise you to fully charge the battery after the first hour of use.
- For the first version of Winky (coming with a charging cradle), Winky's feet must not be reversed (the right instead of the left foot, and vice versa): the foot marked "R" must be in the slot marked "R", and the foot marked "L" must be in the slot marked "L".
Warning:Winky cannot charge if it is turned off!If you have the latest firmware in Winky, Winky's eyes will show crosses if you try to load it while it's off.
Step 1: Turn Winky on
Turn Winky on with thebutton under its head. You can do it with a pen or a screwdriver (button to the nearest screw to turn Winky on).
Step2 : Charge Winky
Once Winky is ON, you can place it on its charging station (first version of Winky) or plug it in via the USB cable
Winky's eyes show acharging symbol for 3 seconds, then turn off
Three LEDs flash on Winky's right eye: this means that your Winky is charging well (if the three LEDs do not appear, check that your Winky is up to date via the "Winky Code" application for example)
Let Winky charge fortwo or more hours
The three LEDs disappearwhen Winky is fully charged.
Restart Winkywith the ON/OFF button placed under the head, if it seems blocked after charging.